Friday, November 16, 2018

Your Favorite Hat
©2018 David Moody

I want to be your favorite hat
The one that fits just right
And I'd never give you hat hair
Or I could be your pillow
Bring you peace of mind at night
Or maybe something like that there

If I could be your shirt and
I could keep your heart from hurtin'
Well, you know that I would now
Or I could be your pants
And you could get up and dance
It would only do you good now

I'll be your clown, I'll be your fool
Master your favorite tool and work it just right
I'll be your slave, I'll be your cook
I'll be your favorite book to read by moonlight
I'll be your man, your one true love
Because you fit me like a glove that's not too tight
Because when push comes to shove
You know what I've been thinking of and we don't fight

I want to be your comfort food
That always puts you in the mood
And makes you feel good when you eat me

I want to write your favorite song
So you can sing along
Whenever the mood's right - like right now
But if you can't go for that,
I'd rather be your favorite hat

1 comment:

  1. I personally think it's awesome! Welcome back and I surely hope you don't stop here! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete